- Premium Australian -
• Gluten Free
• Non GMO
As the most important staple food across the world, rice has been harvested for thousands of years and was first milled into flour in China. Our rice flour comes from the Murray region of NSW, the home of Australia's longest river. Murray rice is grown sustainably, using 50% less water than other countries and with the lowest chemical use in the world.
Rice flour is a great source of insoluble fibre and resistant starch. It is also a good source of carbohydrates. Rice flour contains magnesium, phosphorous and potassium, making it a healthy alternative to wheat flour.
Baking with Rice Flour:
Rice flour is very popular in Asian recipes, commonly being used in noodles, desserts and in sauces as a thickener. In baking, rice flour can be used to offer structure and substance. It is tasteless and versatile so it can be used as a great gluten free alternative in many recipes.
Cooking Instructions for Apple & Cinnamon Muffins:
• 2 1/2 cups white rice flour • 1/3 cup white sugar
• 1/3 cup brown sugar • 1 tsp lemon juice
• 1 1/2 tsps cinnamon • 1 large apple (grated)
• 4 tsps baking powder • 1/2 cup margarine
1. Preheat oven to 180 degrees celsius (fan forced).
2. Line muffin tin with muffin cups.
3. Combine flour, baking powder, and sugars in a large mixing bowl.
4. Add apples, lemon juice, eggs, cinnamon, milk, and margarine and mix well.
5. Spoon muffin mixture into prepared muffin tins and bake for 25-35 minutes.
6. Remove from oven when baked and cool on a wire rack before eating.